Thursday 21 May 2009

19

on monday, i visited bradford
bradford's a lot like my boyfriend, which i mean in the nicest way
it was all humble and surprise


we found a statue of queen victoria, that we'd seen the day before, in a photo from a hundred years ago. once it had an ostentatious building behind it... then it became the focal point of a traffic island. now it's just a pleasant statue in a pedestrian area. we had lunch in lister park, where the sweet lady working in the cafe admitted she'd never cooked that sandwich before, so we were to tell her if it was ok. it was, of course, lovely. how could it be anything else, with that introduction?


this is a waterstone's in the city centre! what a beautiful building. it summed bradford up nicely... all of these gorgeous buildings, hiding and not showing themselves off.

all photos by me
xx

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sophie. Glad you like some of the recent things that i've been up to. I received the Sam Isaac album in the post yesterday and its printed better than imaginable!!!

    Also, that Waterstones is lovely indeed. I have been there once. But with a horrible person, so i'd like to go back and get some better memories!!

    Hope all is well and that you're still humming along to Portugal's Euro-masterpiece!!!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'd love to see a poster or something of that Isaac one, looks gorgeous!

    Ah, I've been there - me and Gavin have revisited a few places that we originally went to with horrible people! Hehe.

    I keep getting random Euro songs in my head!!! Can't believe how catchy they were this year!
    xx

    ReplyDelete